Definition of Management Positions
- Management employees are those persons having significant responsibilities for formulating District policies or administering District programs.
- Certificated administrators and classified supervisors are those employees having the authority to make recommendations to the Superintendent concerning the employee(s) under their supervision. This authority shall extend to the following areas: hiring, transfer, suspension, layoff, recall, promotion, discharge, reward, discipline, direction and work assignment.
Designation of Management Positions
In accordance with the above definitions, the management positions in the Muroc Joint Unified School District are:
- District Superintendent
- Assistant Superintendents
- Certificated Administrators
- Classified Directors/Supervisors
Purposes of Management Positions
The District’s management positions are established for the purposes of:
- Improving the management function of the District through effective research of District problems.
- Pooling technical knowledge in the improvement of District services.
- Establishing a coordinated program for evaluation of District operations and personnel.
- Improving communications among all District personnel.
- Providing better communications with the community and students.
- Increasing the commitment of District personnel to District services.
- Providing refinement and delineation of District policies and regulations.
- Performing other activities and services as directed by the Superintendent.
The certificated administrators and classified directors/supervisors are advisors to the Superintendent, and through the Superintendent, to the Governing Board.
35020 Duties of employees fixed by governing board
35028 Qualifications for employment
First Reading: 10/11/00
Governing Board Adoption: 11/8/00
(Former BP 2150, 2151, 2152 and 2153)