MANAGEMENT, SUPERVISORY AND CONFIDENTIAL PERSONNEL
Administrator and Supervisor Hiring – Promotional/Employment Opportunity
- When a District vacancy exists at the administrative and/or supervisory level, such vacancy shall be posted in-district and may be posted out-of-district so as to receive applications.
- An interview team, developed according to established MJUSD Personnel Office procedures, will interview each acceptable candidate in order to refer the top candidate(s) to the Superintendent.
- The Superintendent will interview all finalists, and submit to the Board of Trustees a candidate for employment.
- If an acceptable candidate is not found after the initial posting, a second (reopened) vacancy posting may be initiated.
- The District reserves the right to fill a vacancy through reassignment of current administrators/ supervisors in lieu of the posting procedure.
- The filing of an Assistant Principal vacancy shall be managed by the Principal of the site where the vacancy exists. This may include in-district as well as out-of-district applicants. Each applicant shall be interviewed according to the established MJUSD Personnel Office procedures in order to formulate a recommendation to the Superintendent.
- All finalists who are recommended for employment may be subject to a former employer/community visit by a District team in order to validate past experience and qualifications.
First Reading: 2/14/01
Governing Board Adoption: 3/14/01
(Former BP 4510)