EQUIPMENT, BOOKS AND MATERIALS
The Governing Board recognizes that students’ educational opportunities are enhanced when they have sufficient access to high-quality textbooks, equipment and other instructional materials for each of the subjects they are studying. To adequately support the Board-approved curriculum, instructional materials must also be up to date.
The Superintendent or designee shall develop procedures for determining the obsolescence of instructional materials. When new materials have been chosen in accordance with the District’s selection and evaluation policy and approved by the Board, the Board shall make final decisions regarding their purchase and the use of District funds to supplement state allotments for this purpose.
Whenever the Board determines that District students lack sufficient textbooks or instructional materials, the Board shall seek funding opportunities through the State’s incentive program and shall comply with all related legal requirements.
60040-60047 Requirements, materials
60117-60119 Pupil textbook and instructional materials incentive program
60200-60206 Elementary school materials
60240-60252 State instructional materials fund
60400-60411 High school textbooks
First Reading: 2/9/05
Governing Board Adoption: 3/9/05
- AR 6161 – Equipment, Books and Materials
- BP 6161.1 – Selection and Evaluation of Instructional Materials
- BP 6161.2 – Use of Supplemental Instructional Materials
- BP 6161.3 – Damaged or Lost Instructional Materials
- BP 6161.6 – Use of Copyrighted Materials
- BP 6161.7 – Library Media Centers
- BP 6161.8 – Animals at School