Our students will be prepared to meet the challenges of the future, adapt to change, and exercise critical judgement, becoming global citizens capable of utilizing tomorrow’s resources and technology responsibly.
As Irving L. Branch Elementary School enters the new millennium, we are endeavoring to incorporate new experiences and challenges, meeting every student’s need for success by developing the whole child and preparing them for the challenges of the future.
These experiences are provided to foster aptitude, attitude, accountability, effective thinking and problem solving through encouraging life-long learning. Branch Elementary is committed to providing opportunities for growth that lead to productive, confident, civic-minded workers who are creative and self-motivated team players.
We believe that ….
- higher expectations and clear student behavior standards result in greater learning and self-esteem for all students.
- all students and staff have the right to and responsibility of maintaining a safe, secure, and comfortable environment.
- all children are unique and deserve every possible opportunity for success.
- the collaboration of every employee, parent and member of the community contributes to the education of students through instruction and by example.
- children will be successful in the pursuit of life-long learning equipped with the knowledge, skills and behaviors which allow them to participate as a productive member of society.
The educational community of Irving L. Branch embraces and identifies the following goals……
- to provide a comprehensive child-centered learning environment that fosters opportunities for every child to succeed
- to maintain a safe and secure academic setting, freeing stafff and students to pursue educational endeavors
- to nurture a spirit of cohesiveness, tolerance, cooperation and flexibility